Government Affairs – Roads & Transportation Advisory Committee
GA-RTAC meets on the 2nd Thursday of each month at the Chamber. Group members share information and form collaborations between local government, first responders, utilities, community organizations and state agencies and business representatives.
The Committee was formed by the Chamber to provide better communication between these entities to head off problems, address current issues and advocate for the businesses and the community. Chamber Board members co-chair the Committee.
Issues before the GA-RTAC Committee
- Utility Rate increases
- Sales tax on businesses
- Reducing impact of ongoing highway projects and road closures;
- Improved communication about road closures and work;
- Lobbied Caltrans to shorten the 2005 SR 330 collapse repair to 7 months, instead of 2 years;
- Secured placement of 12 freeway directional signs to Big Bear
- Avoidance of Boulevard traffic problems during major events
- Reducing illegal parking, snow play and trash issues
- Electric car charging portals in Big Bear.