Government Affairs & Regional Traffic Advisory Committee (RTAC-GAC)
The Committee was established by the Chamber to bring government, first responders, utilities and other interested parties together to discuss common concerns and share information in order to facilitate better communication every month on the 2nd Thursday.
Committee members include City, County, State and Federal government representatives who report on legislation affecting local business and the Big Bear Valley Community. Roads, traffic and parking issues are addressed by various agencies including CalFire, Caltrans, local sheriffs and local fire departments, the Forestry service, Air Quality Control, Mountain Transit and others. Issues addressed by the RTAC-GAC Committee have included:
- Utility rate increases;
- Sales tax on businesses
- Reducing impact of ongoing highway projects and road closures;
- Improved communication about road closures and work;
- Worked to ensure that the collapse of Rt 330 took 7 months instead of 2 years;
- Acquired approval of the placement of 12 freeway directional signs to Big Bear;
- Works with City and law enforcement to alleviate Boulevard traffic problems during events;
- Reduce illegal parking during the winter months;
- Obtaining electric car charging portals in Big Bear.
Committee established the “Shop Big Bear Program.” It meets with representatives of the six business areas of Big Bear: Fawnskin, Moonridge, Big Bear City, Village, Big Bear Lake/West, and Big Bear Lake/Boulevard, to promote communication and identify partnership opportunities for programs and projects to foster economic development.
Oversees all communications of the Chamber including Eblasts, social media, marketing and printed materials.
Oversees the Ambassador Program, networking mixers, the membership directory.
Post Your Event Here!
Members! Send us your event flyers in a JPG or PMD file format (high resolution, please!) to email@example.com. We will post them on this Member Events page to help promote the event!