The Big Bear Chamber of Commerce is the leading business organization in the Valley focused on the economic vitality of Big Bear as a whole. We represent business and its needs.
As a leading business association, the Big Bear Chamber of Commerce is an assertive, independent advocate of business interests for its diverse membership, exercising its influence to create a strong local economy.
- Credibility. Consumers are 85% more likely to do business with a Chamber Member.
- Government advocacy, regarding rate increases, keeping roads open, discussing laws and issues that affect businesses and their employees, and taking political action. The Government Affairs and Regional Traffic Advisory committee meetings are held the second Thursday of each month.
- Newsletters. The quarterly "Business News" includes new and renewing members, business news articles. points of interest, tips, events, etc.
- Weekly business update E-blasts from Executive Director Pamela Scannell. When warranted, E-blasts are more frequent depending on time-sensitive materials.
- Twice monthly ads in the Big Bear Grizzly newspaper entitled “The Chamber Corner.”
- Regular “Chamber Minute” on local radio station KBHR.
- Weekly video updates featuring new members, information and upcoming events.
- Networking opportunities at Chamber Mixers offers chances: to promote your business, to raise your business profile within the community, and presents opportunities to connect with other businesses.
- Promote your business through our website by uploading a logo, photo, video and coupons. Take advantage of attaching social media links and your business’ URL. Members may set up a username and password to edit information on the listing as often as is necessary to keep information current.
- Online courses for Members are available for purchase and are targeted to the employer and their employees. Employers can monitor individual progress. Certification courses are available.
- Referral Services: online, by phone, in person and on display in the Visitors Center.
- Sponsorship opportunities are available and are customized to suit your needs.
- Volunteer opportunities are available with the Big Bear Chamber Auxiliary, a fundraising arm of the Chamber, and with our Ambassador Program, helping as needed.
- PR distribution by sending us your news releases or allowing us to help in the wording of your release, valid for Ribbon Cuttings, Grand Openings, new products and/or services and special offers.
- Membership dues may be tax deductible as a promotional business expense. Members should consult their tax professionals to find out more information. Annual dues can also be laced on a monthly autopay program to simplify budgeting
- Resources. We will help connect you to the resources you need: financing, training, HR, building codes, tax info, mentors, etc. We are here to help provide what you need.