SHOP LOCAL MONTH
September is SHOP LOCAL month and the Chamber urges local businesses and residents to spend their money in Big Bear. Sure, we understand that the temptation of shopping online is attractive, but keep in mind that a dollar spent in Big Bear supports our local economy, our businesses, our community and our residents. Next time you need to purchase an item or service, spend local!
Here's how you, your business and your friends and family can support Shop Local:
- Display the Chambers' Shop Local poster (see left) in your storefront and/or in the window of your service vehicles.
- Use the Shop Local logo in your print advertisements.
- Offer a discount for shopping local during the month of September. Post a Hot Deal or a Member-to Member deal on the Chamber website to market your offer.
- Always look locally first to purchase an item or service.
- Every dollar spent in Big Bear economically benefits businesses, employees and all residents of our community. Spend your hard earned dollars in Big Bear!
Kenny "Blues Boss" Wayne Band Live at Chamber Gala
The Kenny "Blues Boss" Wayne Band will perform live at the Annual Chamber Gala on March 9 at the Lodge in Big Bear at the Mardi Gras theme dinner and dancing fundraiser. Fans will remember his stand-out and sold-out performance earlier this year at the Black Diamond Tavern in Big Bear.
Hailed as “an artist bringing the piano back to the front ranks of contemporary blues”, multiple-award winning blues”, boogie-woogie and jazz pianist Wayne is called “Blues Boss” for a reason. His musical career began as a child prodigy in the late 1950’s and has flourished for over 60 years with Wayne at the forefront of modern day blues piano practitioners.
Tickets for the Gala 2018 ON SALE NOW ! Book now for this "not to be missed" event in Big Bear Lake! call (909)866-4607 x1